The Trust was set up in 1975 with proceeds from "The Genius of China" exhibition held at the Royal Academy in 1974.
The current policy of the Trust is to support:
- Chinese Students in Britain via the Chinese Student Awards
- The study of Chinese language through the annual Chinese Language Awards
- Fieldwork and conference papers in China -
British PhD students enrolled at a British university who require funding to give a conference paper in China, or for travel to China to pursue essential doctoral research, should use the 'Chinese Students Awards' application form. The Universities' China Committee in London (UCCL) also has an award in this category. Check their pages (no.6 of their criteria).
The Trust also grants awards on behalf of the Universities' China Committee in London, the Sino-British Fellowship Trust, and the Han Suyin Trust, on whose behalf it supports Chinese students studying in the UK.
The Great Britain-China Educational Trust is a registered charity (no.269944) administered by the Great Britain-China Centre
The Trustees are: Professor Delia Davin
- former Head of Department, East Asian Studies, University of Leeds Chairman: Ms Rose Kerr
- former Head of the Far Eastern Department, Victoria & Albert MuseumHon. Treasurer: Professor Anthony Moore
- Professor of Biochemistry, University of SussexProfessor Tony Redmond
- Professor of International Emergency Medicine, University of ManchesterDr Frances Wood
- Head of China Section, British LibraryLady Youde
- Vice-President, Great Britain-China Centre
Click here for a list of other funding organisations